Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Bisque
- 1 pound(s) Sweet potato, one large peeled, chopped up
- 1 cup(s) Red lentils
- 1/4 cup(s) Dried apricot Chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Chopped onion or shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Thai red chili paste
- 1/4 cup(s) light coconut milk
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Cilantro and pomegranate seed
- 1. Place sweet potato, lentils, apricots, onion, chili paste, and broth in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to lpw heat, cover and simmer until lentils are falling apart, about 25 minutes. Let soup sit, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 2. Add coconut milk. Using a blender, puree soup until smooth, in batches if necessary. Stir in salt and pepper, and add more if desired.
- 3. To serve: Divide pureed soup among bowls, and top each with cilantro and pomegranate seeds or juice (if using as a garnish). Makes 6 servings and can be frozen.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChefMo3001 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Bisque Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews