Sweet Nutcracker Braid
Community Recipe from
- 2/3 cup(s) pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dates finley chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) raisins
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1/3 cup(s) apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) pecans chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray large cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray. In small bowl combine 2/3 cup pecans, dates, raisins, sugar, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Unfold puff pastry; place on sprayed cookie sheet. Roll to form 14x10 inch rectangle. Spread preserves in 4 inch wide strip down center of pastry. Sprinkle fruit and nut mixture over top of preserves.
- With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on sides of pastry to within 1/2 inch of mixture, overlapping ends and alternating from side to side.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; place on serving platter. Cool 15 min.
- In small bowl, blend powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled braid. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cloverhrt and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note