Plus Baking Meatball: 45 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup of milk or cream
- 1 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 1 /2 lb ground pork
- (I usually use all ground chuck)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cardamon (optional I always use)
- 1 10 1/2 oz can of beef consomme (not beef broth)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1. Soak bread crumbs in milk or cream for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add ground meats, eggs, onion, 1 1/2 tsp salt, allspice, nutmeg and cardamon.
- 3. Mix well and refrigerate covered for 1 hour.
- 4. Shape mixture into 1 inch balls.
- 5. Place on rack of broiler pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- 6. Put browned meatballs in CrockPot.
- 7. Add 1/2 can beef consomme, pepper and remaining 1/4 tsp salt.
- 8. Cover and cook on Low 4 to 6 hours or on High 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 9. To thicken gravy, turn CrockPot to High. Combine butter and flour to make a smooth paste. Pour into meatball mixture and remaining 1/2 can of beef consomme. Cook until thickened.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BrendaWoodford and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note