Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) old-fashion oats
- 1/2 whole wheat flour
- 1 flour
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 3/4 low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup(s) each blackberries, raspberries, blueberries
- 1 pound(s) strawberries
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 4 ounce(s) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) grated lime peel
- Prepare Shortcakes: Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place oats in blender and blend until finely ground.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, combine ground oats, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until blended. Break up lumps of brown sugar with fingers if necessary.
- In small bowl, with wire whisk, mix buttermilk, oil, and egg until well blended. Add buttermilk mixture to oat mixture and stir just until blended.
- Spoon dough by 1/4 cups onto prepared cookie sheet, 3 inches apart, making 8 mounds. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until firm when pressed. Transfer Shortcakes to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare Berries: In medium bowl, combine berries, granulated sugar, and lime juice. Makes 6 cups. Set Berries aside.
- Prepare Filling: In another medium bowl, with mixer at medium speed, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and 1/2 cup yogurt. With rubber spatula, gently fold in lime peel and remaining yogurt.
- To serve, split Shortcakes in half. Place bottom half of a Shortcake on each of 8 dessert plates. Top with Filling and Berries; replace Shortcake tops.
- Read more: Summer Shortcakes Recipe - Good Housekeeping
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ConniePeters and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Summer Shortcakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts