Summer Fruit Kebabs
Forget about preparing traditional main-dish kebabs! Try these refreshing fruit kebabs made with canned apricots or peaches, pears, pineapple and Mandarin oranges. As a way to put nutrient-rich fruit on the menu, these kebobs are great as an appetizer, side dish, dessert, finger-food snack -- or even with breakfast!
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves or sliced peaches, in light syrup or juice, drained, reserving cup syrup or juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pears, in light syrup or juice, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, in light syrup or juice, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) Mandarin oranges, in syrup, drained
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed and stemmed
- 2 bunches mint, for garnish
- Optional: dips, nuts, coconut*
- Thread one of each type of the fruit onto an 8-inch bamboo skewer, or make mini-kebabs by threading 2 or 3 pieces of fruit on sturdy wooden toothpicks. Refrigerate, covered until ready to serve, for up to 4 hours. Serve the fruit kebabs on a platter, lined with mint, and with dips, nuts, and coconut, if desired
- 1) Make a dipping sauce by whisking 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry whipped cream cheese with cup reserved peach or apricot syrup or juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2) Serve canned chocolate syrup as another dipping sauce.
- 3) Serve canned sweetened coconut and chopped toasted nuts as garnishes. Tip: Coconut can be toasted in a dry skillet set over medium heat; stir continuously for about 3 minutes until golden and fragrant.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: (without dips, coconut, nuts, and mint): Calories 90; Total fat 0g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 5mg; Carbohydrates 23g; Fiber 2g; Protein 1 g, Vitamin A 25%DV**; Vitamin C 50%DV; Calcium 2%DV; Iron 2%DV; ** Daily Value
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CannedFoodFan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note