Stuffed Cucumber Boats - Salmon & Crab Meat Filling
Have extra cucumbers from your garden and don't know what to do with them?! Well this is a great cold appetizer recipe that will please any pallet on a hot summer day. This recipe is very versatile in that the cucumbers can be stuffed with a number of fillings. Just check to see what you have in the fridge! I used two types of fillings on this one; a Lemon Broiled Salmon Cream Cheese Filling with Fresh Oregano & a Crab, Jalapeno & Cream Cheese Filling topped with Shredded Cheddar. Indulge!
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 6-8 whole(s) cucumber peeled; seeded; cut in thirds
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese softened
- 4 whole(s) salmon fillets (4-6 ounces)
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 4 slice(s) lemons cut in half
- 2-3 dash(es) black pepper
- 2 dash(es) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup(s) crab meat
- 1 whole(s) jalapeno peppers diced
- 3 pinch(s) fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- PREPARE CUCUMBERS: Cut off ends. Peel & Cut Cucumber in half. Remove Seeds. Then Cut each half into thirds. (about 1-2 inches long depending on size of cucumbers) Set on a foil covered tray and place in the refrigerator until ready to stuff.
- 1.) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Thaw Salmon fillets & place on broiler pan.
- 2.) Season Salmon with Black Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes. Spread 1 TBSP of Butter per Fillet. Cut Lemon, place 2 slices on each Fillet. Cook for about 7 minutes or until Salmon flakes apart.
- 3.) Soften Cream Cheese either by allowing it to sit out or via microwave. Divide in half and place each half in 2 separate bowls.
- 4.) Add Crab Meat to one bowl along with the Jalapeno Pepper. Mix well with fork.
- 5.) Remove Salmon from oven when done. Allow time to cool. Remove skin from fillets & place lemon slices aside. Add Salmon to the other bowl. Mix with the Cream Cheese, Fresh Oregano, & squeeze extra lemon juice into mixture.
- 6.) Stuff the Cucumber boats with the fillings. (Optional: top with Shredded Cheddar Cheese) Place in the fridge until ready to eat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lspehar and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note