Strawberry Protein Pancakes
I created this recipe with the intention of using up some Bisquick mix in my cabinet & some strawberries I had in the fridge. The problem was that regular pancakes have too many carbs & hardly any protein. I'm on a low carb high protein diet, so this is what I came up with. I used BSN's Lean Dessert Protein Shake Whipped Vanilla flavor for the protein powder, but I'm sure any other vanilla protein powder would work. Also, if you don't like Cool Whip I was thinking Agave Nector would be good too!
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) Bisquick mix
- 1 whole(s) Scoop of Protein Powder (I used BSN Lean Dessert Whipped Vanilla)
- 1 whole(s) Egg
- 1/3 cup(s) Milk (I used Blue Diamond Almond Milk, orig.)
- 1/2 cup(s) Strawberries Sliced
- 4 tablespoon(s) Light Cool Whip
- 1. Mix the Bisquick, protein powder, egg, & milk to make the pancake batter.
- 2. Heat a skillet over medium heat, & spray with cooking spray.
- 3. Pour batter * onto skillet, & cook until bubbles appear on surface.
- * 1/2 C batter for 2 large pancakes, or 1/4 C batter for 4 small.*
- 4. Flip with a spatula , & cook until lightly browned on the other side.
- 5. Layer pancakes with the Cool Whip & Strawberries.
- NUTRIENT DETAILS - Entire recipes serves 1.
- Calories - 465
- Fat - 16 g (Sat - 6g, Poly - 1g, Mono - 2g, Trans 1.5g)
- Cholesterol - 245 mg
- Sodium - 655 mg
- Potassium - 230 mg
- Carbs - 49 g (Dietary Fiber - 4g Sugars - 9g)
- Protein - 31 g
- Vitamin A - 13%
- Vitamin C - 50%
- Calcium - 37%
- Iron - 18%
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sukimo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note