Strawberry Cream Pie from Southern Living
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sugar divided
- 3 cup(s) half-and-half
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 (9 oz) package(s) chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 (4 oz) semisweet chocolate baking bar chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) butter melted
- 1 quart(s) fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup(s) red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange liqueur
- 1. Whisk together first 3 ingredients and 2/3 cup sugar in a medium-size heavy saucepan. Whisk together half-and-half and next 2 ingredients in a small bowl; gradually add to cornstarch mixture, whisking constantly.
- 2. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat, and transfer to a bowl; cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse wafer cookies and chopped chocolate in a food processor 8 to 10 times or until finely crushed. Stir together cookie crumb mixture, melted butter and remaining 1/3 cup sugar; firmly press mixture on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate.
- 4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Spoon chilled half-and-half mixture into prepared crust. Cut 8 to 10 strawberries in half, and arrange around outer edge of pie; hull and slice remaining strawberries, and arrange in center of pie.
- 6. Cook jelly in a small saucepan over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until melted. Remove from heat, and stir in liqueur. Brush jelly mixture gently over strawberries. Chill, uncovered, 30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry Cream Pie from Southern Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts