Strawberry Cream Pie
Total Time: 5 Hours, 45 Minutes
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 0.25 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 3 cup(s) half-and-half
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 package(s) chocolate wafer cookies
- 0.5 semisweet chocolate baking bar chopped
- 0.5 cup(s) butter melted
- 1 quart(s) fresh strawberries
- 0.25 cup(s) red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange liqueur
- I. Whisk together f1rst 3 ingredients
- and 2/3 cup sugar in a
- medium-size heavy saucepan.
- Whisk together half-and-half
- and next 2 ingredients in a
- small bowl; gradually add
- to cornstarch mixtu re,
- whisking constantly.
- 1. Bring to a boil over medium
- heat, whisking constantly, and
- cook, whisking constantly, I
- minute. Remove from heat,
- and transfer to a bowl; cover
- and chill4 to 24 hours.
- 3. Preheat oven to 3S0°. Pulse
- wafer cookies and chopped
- chocolate in a food processor
- 8 to 10 times or until finely
- crushed. Stir together cookie
- crumb mixture, melted butter,
- and remaining Y3 cup sugar;
- firmly press mixture on bottom,
- up sides, and onto lip of a lightly
- greased 9-inch pie plate.
- 4. Bake at 3S0° for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack, and
- cool completely (about 30
- 5. Spoon chilled half-and-half
- mixture into prepared crust.
- Cut 8 to 10 strawberries in half,
- and arrange around outer
- edge of pie (leaving tops on,
- if desired); hull and slice
- remaining strawberries, and
- arrange in center of pie.
- 6. Cook jelly in a small saucepan
- over medium heat 2 to
- 3 minutes or until melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in liqueur. Chill uncovered for 30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JanetDMiller and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry Cream Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries