Strawberry and White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes
Chill: 8 Hours
- 3 1/2 ounce(s) gingersnap cookies (about 13)
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 1/2 ounce(s) high-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt or Perugina), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) unflavored gelatin
- 1 8-ounce package(s) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) plain whole-milk yogurt or sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) rose water or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 8-ounce container(s) fresh strawberries, hulled, halved or quartered if large, divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) powdered sugar
- Brush 8 standard (1/3-cup) muffin cups lightly with vegetable oil. Line each cup with plastic wrap. Finely grind cookies in processor. Add melted butter; process to blend. Press crust mixture firmly onto bottom of prepared muffin cups, dividing equally (about generous 1 tablespoon for each).
- Stir white chocolate in medium metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Reserve saucepan, adjusting water level to reach depth of 3⁄4 inch to 1 inch; set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons water in small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over; let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. Bring water in saucepan to simmer. Place small bowl with gelatin in saucepan and stir until gelatin dissolves. Remove small bowl with melted gelatin from water.
- Puree cream cheese, yogurt, rose water, and sugar in processor until smooth. Add melted white chocolate and gelatin; process until smooth. Divide mixture among prepared cups, pouring atop crusts. Cover and chill overnight.
- Place half of strawberries in processor. Add powdered sugar and process until smooth. Transfer to small pitcher. DO AHEAD Strawberry puree can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Using plastic wrap as aid, lift cheesecakes from cups. Remove plastic wrap and transfer cheesecakes to plates, crust side down. Arrange remaining cut strawberries atop cheesecakes. Spoon strawberry puree over and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note