Strawberries and Fresh Mozzarella with Mint Pesto Drizzle
"Strawberries: Beyond Desserts" by Michael Hastiings. A fresh take on Caprese salad, using berries instead of tomatoes and mint instead of basil, by Mark Allison, dean of culinary education at Johnson & Wales University: Charlotte, NC. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: May 4, 2011.
- 1 pound(s) strawberries, sliced
- 1/8 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) mint leaves
- 1/4 cup(s) almonds, sliced
- 1/8 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 pound(s) fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar (1/2 teaspoon for each serving)
- 1. In a bowl, combine strawberries and sugar. Cover and set aside.
- 2. For the mint pesto drizzle, in a food processor combine the olive oil, mint leaves, sliced almonds, Parmesan cheese and garlic.
- 3. Divide the mozzarella and place the slices (overlapping) on each serving plate. Spoon ½ cup sugared strawberries around and on cheese.
- 4. Spoon ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar and 1 to 2 tablespoons of the mint pesto drizzle over cheese and strawberries on each plate. Garnish with mint leaves.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note