Steelhead Trout Piccata
- 4 8-ounce portions fresh steelhead trout fillets
- 1/8 stick(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 fresh lemon, ½ for juice and ½ for garnish
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Optional parsley for garnish
- In a large non-stick sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Flour and dust the steelhead trout fillets and place them in the sauté pan.
- Cook the fillets for 2 minutes, turning the fillets once.
- Add the garlic and pepper to the pan and when the garlic starts to turn brown, deglaze with the wine.
- Add the chicken broth and capers and reduce by half.
- Turn the fish one more time and squeeze half the lemon over the fillets and sauce.
- Remove and garnish with lemon slices and parsley
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note