steak tips with peppered mushroom gravy
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, cut into 3/4inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 (8ounce) package presliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lowsodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons allpurpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fatfree, lesssodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. While noodles cook, heat a large nonstick skillet over mediumhigh heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak; saut 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove from pan; cover.
- 3. Melt butter in pan over mediumhigh heat. Add shallots and mushrooms; saut 4 minutes. Add garlic; saut 30 seconds. Stir in soy sauce. Sprinkle flour over mushroom mixture; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Add pepper, salt, and thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Discard thyme sprigs. Garnish with thyme leaves, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by anderkoa and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
steak tips with peppered mushroom gravy Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes