Community Recipe from
- Steak Soup
- Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
- This slow cooker steak soup is an easy dish for a cold night.
- Rate and Review | Read Reviews (1)
- Yield: Makes 16 cups
- Recipe from
- More From Southern Living
- •77 Best-Loved Christmas Cookie Recipes
- •Top-Rated Holiday Appetizer Recipes
- •Heavenly Holiday Dessert Recipes
- •Giftworthy Candy
- •Top Southern Food
- •Search Southern Living Recipes
- Recipe Time
- Cook Time: 8 Hours
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- 8 ingredients on sale for ZIP 78230Edit ZIP/Favorite Stores
- Send To Mobile
- Save Recipe
- Add to Menu
- Add to Shopping List
- .1 (2-pound) package top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes $
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour $
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil $
- 4 cups water
- 5 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes $
- 3 carrots, sliced $
- 2 small onions, chopped $
- 1 celery rib, chopped $
- 1 cup frozen sweet green peas
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained $
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- Toss together steak and flour.
- Brown steak in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir together steak, 4 cups water, and remaining ingredients in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, at HIGH 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Southern Living
- NOVEMBER 1999
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Steak Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews