Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) Yellow Squash sliced
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 1/2 stick(s) Butter
- 3 cup(s) Cheddar Cheese grated
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) Evaporated Milk
- 16 Saltine Crackers
- S/P to taste
- Cook squash and onion in water until tender. Drain and mash (do this in a collander- keep pressing down with big spoon to get ALL liquid out. This takes a little while.) Add butter and 2 cups of cheese, reserving 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top. Add eggs, milk and crackers. Mix well. Season to taste ( may not need to add salt due to salt on the crackers.) Place in shallow 2 quart greased casserole.
- Top with cheese and bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.
- This is almost like a souffle - don't overcook or it won't be as good. It says that it serves 8-10- I would say more like 6-8.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by clayton and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note