Spinach Artichoke and Blue Cheese (or feta) Pizza
- 1 pound(s) pizza dough
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 3 large clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 10-ounce package(s) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cup(s) (about two 7 ounce jars) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 ounce(s) (about 1 cup) fresh mozzarella, sliced thin or grated
- 2 - 4 ounce(s) blue cheese, broken into chunks
- 2 tablespoon(s) pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh basil, for garnish
- 1. Heat a small skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and the garlic. Cook for one to two minutes, until the garlic is fragrant (PLEASE - watch closely!! Don't burn the garlic.). Remove from heat and add the basil, lemon juice, pepper and salt. Set aside.
- 2. After the dough has risen, punch it down and place it back on the floured surface. This amount of dough yielded 2 pizza crusts for my 12-inch cast iron skillet. If you're using an 8-inch skillet, you may get 3 crusts. Divide the dough evenly in half (or thirds). Roll out your dough just a little larger than the size of your skillet. Place on a large sheet of parchment paper.
- 3. Place an oven rack directly under your broiler and preheat your broiler to the highest setting. Additionally, place your cast iron skillet on the stovetop burner, turning the heat on high. You want to heat the skillet for 10 minutes. If it begins to smoke a lot, you can reduce the heat a bit. But you want it HOT.
- 4. While the skillet is heating, begin placing your toppings on your dough. Brush half of the garlic oil on each pizza and then scatter the spinach (make sure you squeezed your spinach of any excess liquid) evenly among both pizzas. Top with the mozzarella cheese, then the artichokes, then scatter on the blue cheese crumbles and finish with a sprinkle of the pine nuts.
- 5. When your skillet is hot carefully lift the pizza (holding onto the sides of the parchment paper) and place it in the skillet. Let it cook for no longer than 25 seconds. After 25 seconds turn the heat off and grab the skillet and pop it in the oven, right under the broiler. Broil for 1 minute, then using the potholder, grab the handle and rotate 180 degrees, broiling for only 1 more minute. Remove immediately and place on the stovetop. Carefully lift or slide the pizza out and repeat with the other pizza. Top both pizzas with fresh basil. Slice and serve!
- 6. *If you prefer to make the pizza completely in the oven just skip the skillet and broiler. Instead heat your oven to 350 degrees and bake your pizza for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove and top with basil. Let sit five minutes and slice and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note