Spinach and Cheese Muffins
Community Recipe from
- 1 ounce(s) butter
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 3 cup(s) flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 2 cup(s) cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup(s) baby spinach leaves
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 F (170 C, Gas 3).
- 2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then fry the onion until cooked. Set aside.
- 3. Put the flour, baking powder, cayenne and cheese in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the milk and egg together, then slowly pour into the flour mixture and beat with a handheld electric whisk until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- 4. Stir in the onion and spinach with a wooden spoon until evenly dispersed.
- 5. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until two-thirds full and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until deep golden and the sponge bounces back when touched. A skewer inserted in the center should come out clean. Leave the muffins to cool slightly in the tray before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by valerial and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note