Spicy Tuna on Crispy Rice
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 pound(s) Sushi Grade Tuna
- 1 tablespoon(s) Mayonnaise or Veganaise
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Sriacha
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1/2 Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Sushi Rice
- 2 tablespoon(s) Sesame Seeds
- Vegetable Oil
- Scallion Sliced, to garnish
- 1. Slice tuna against the grain, then chop into small cubes. Place in bowl.
- 2. Add the mayo, Sriracha, rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix to combine and place in fridge until ready to use.
- 3. Using either your hands and some cling wrap or a sushi mold, form rice into small rectangles (about 2 inches long and 1 inch thick). Rice should be packed as tightly as possible so that it doesn’t fall apart when frying.
- 4. Roll formed rice pieces in sesame mix to coat.
- 5. Coat the bottom of a non-stick frying pan with vegetable oil and place over high heat. When oil is hot enough to sizzle, fry each piece for about a minute on each side, or until golden brown. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate.
- 6. When cool, enough to handle, arrange ricepieces on a serving platter. Place spicy tuna mixture onto top to cover. Garnish with sliced scallion and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by esarda and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note