Spicy Speedy Stuffed Peppers
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) onion
- 3 stalk(s) celery
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoon(s) oregano, garlic powder
- 1 whole(s) yellow squash
- 3 cup(s) basil
- 14 ounce(s) can diced tomatoes
- 5-6 whole(s) bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 350
- Fill a large soup pot with water and bring to a boil
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, cover the bottom of another big soup pot with the extra-virgin olive oil and over medium heat saute the onion, celery, and carrots until the onions become translucent.
- crumble in the sausage and ground beef and add the dried seasonings and the hot sauce if desired to the meat before its entirely cooked.
- add the yellow crookneck, basil, and tomatoes, mix well, and let the meat and veggies cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for another 10-15 minutes
- in the mantime, remove just the tops of the bell peppers, and rinse will to remove all the seeds.
- By now your water should be boiling. Place the bell peppers gently into the boiling water and submerge them for 5-6 minutes or until the bell peppers are just a little soft but not falling apart.
- Pull the bell peppers out of the water with tongs and arrange in a large glass baking dish. fill each bell pepper with the meat mixture( don't be shy, stuff'em good!) and bake in your preheated oven for 20 minutes
- Reciepe retrieved from Everyday Paleo cookbook pg. 72-73, by Sarah Fragoso
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandjp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note