Spicy Potato Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Potatoes cleaned, diced but not peeled
- 1/2 cup(s) Potato buds or flakes used for thickening, so may need a little more or a little less
- Clean and dice potatoes. I cook with skins on but if you prefer you can peel.
- Add water to very large cooking pot. Add potatoes. You can add the onions and celery while boiling.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- While potatoes are cooking fry up the hot Italian sausage.
- Pour in chicken broth and heavy cream. Add Italian sausage, crushed red pepper and spices to taste.
- Add potato bud's/flakes until soup is slightly thick. Do this slowly since it takes a couple of seconds for the buds to thicken it up.
- I transfer to crock pot at this time, since you do not have to worry about burning... but you can simmer on stove top if like.
- Let simmer for at least a couple of hours in a crock pot and serve with sour cream, chopped green onions and bacon bits sprinkled on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DebiGriffith and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note