Spicy Chicken Adobo
Community Recipe from
- 3-4 Boneless chicken breast cubed
- 1/4 cup(s) Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) Soy Sauce (lite)
- 4-5 clove(s) garlic
- 4 whole(s) bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 Serrano pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 bunch(es) cilantro
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- Chop onion into chunks (set aside). Using a food processor blend up garlic, cilantro and serrano pepper (set aside). Cut up chicken into bite size pieces (set aside).
- Sautee onion in 1 tbsp of butter on medium heat but don't caramelize. Add chicken and cook until chicken starts to turn white. Then toss in the cilantro, serrano pepper, and garlic. Stir until all the ingredients are mixed well (about 1-2 minutes). Add apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaves, sugar and black pepper. Bring to a boil then turn down to a low heat and cook for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes taste the liquid and add a little water if it is too salty for you. Leave the lid off and cook for another 30 minutes or until the chicken is done and a lot of the liquid has cooked down. Add a little flour or corn starch if you want to thicken the sauce.
- Serve over white rice and a side of veggies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JoshuaMyers and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note