Spicy Bean and Sweet Potato
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) Lime
- 1 whole(s) Tomato
- 1/2 whole(s) Red Onion
- 1 whole(s) Garlic Clove
- 1 whole(s) yam
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Black bean, Pinto, Kidney
- 1/2 cup(s) Red Peppers
- 1/2 cup(s) Kale/Spinach
- 1/4 cup(s) Cilantro
- 1 whole(s) Avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 cup(s) Cabbage, Quinoa, brown rice cooked cooked
- In a bowl, toss your raw veggies in olive oil and season with spices. Place in a large baking dish and roast in 425 degree oven for 20 minutes, tossing around halfway through.
- Let cool. Add your roasted veggies to a can of rinsed black beans. Add cilantro and squirt of lime juice. Combine gently. At this point, mixture can be stored for later use.
- Warm your wheat tortillas or wraps in microwave according to directions on package. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray or olive oil spray.
- Add two heaping tablespoons of vegetable and bean mixture to center of wrap. Top with shredded cheese. Fold over, fold in sides, place in pan and continue to roll the others. Place into your baking dish, seam side down so that they stay together.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Baking this way will make the tortilla wrap crisp. For a softer burrito, spray burrito with nonstick spray, then wrap in aluminum foil and bake for same amount of time.
- Makes about 6 burritos.
- Tip: Premake your burritos and wrap them in aluminum foil. Keep in refrigerator for 3-4 days for a quick lunch or dinner!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandjp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note