Spiced Chicken Thighs with Garlicky Rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 cup(s) uncooked basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt - divided
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- 8 chicken thighs
- cooking spray
- Melt butter in a saucepan over med-high heat. Add garlic; saute' 1 min. Add rice, cook 30 sec., stirring constantly. Add water and 3/8 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil.* Cover, reduce heat and simmer 12 min. or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed; let stand 5 min. Fluff rice. Stir in parsley and black pepper.
- *Preheat broiler to high and prepare chicken.
- Combine sugar and next 5 ingredients; stir in remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle half of spice mixture over chicken. Place on foil covered jelly-roll pan sprayed with cooking spray. Broil 6 min. Turn chicken over and sprinkle the rest of the mixture on top. Broil 6 more min. or until done. Remove chicken; reserve pan drippings. Let stand 5 min. Serve chicken (2 per person) on top of rice. Spoon drippings over chicken.
- Serve with Raspberry and shaved cheese salad ... se recipe under "raspberry"
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dianedavid and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note