spaghetti squash casserole
- 1 spaghetti squash half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) basil chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup(s) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoon(s) bread crumbs or panko
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a 13" x 9" baking dish and a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place the squash, cut side down, on the sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a sharp knife. With a fork, scrape the squash strands into a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, warm the oil in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and basil. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the tomatoes. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the mixture is dry.
- To the bowl with the squash, add the cottage cheese, mozzarella, parsley, salt, and the onion mixture. Stir to mix. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RobynMc and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
spaghetti squash casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles