Spaghetti Carbonara with Peas
- 8 ounce(s) spaghetti whole wheat
- 2 cup(s) frozen peas thawed
- 3 clove(s) fresh garlic minced
- 4 strip(s) bacon thick cut
- 2 whole(s) eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. About 3 minutes before it is done, stir in peas and garlic.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Scrape the bacon drippings into a large bowl; add eggs, 1/2 cup Parmesan, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
- 3. Chop the bacon and add to the egg mixture. When the pasta and peas are done, drain, reserving 3/4 cup of the water. Immediately stir the pasta, peas and the 3/4 cup water into the egg mixture, stirring quickly so the eggs don't scramble. Let stand 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, to thicken the sauce. Serve each portion topped with 1 tablespoon of the remaining cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Brewertm and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note