Southern Date Pudding
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- Southern Date Pudding
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Total time: 35 mins
- Serves: 8
- 1½ cups warm water and 1½ cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup chopped dates
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- Combine warm water and dark brown sugar in a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Set aside.Combine remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Pour this batter into the syrup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. The top should be lightly browned.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Southern Date Pudding Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Puddings/Custards