Sour-sweet garlic pickles
These are pickles that bake sale buyers repeatedly fight over. I got tired of losing, so learned how to make em. A Huntsville AL favorite, these homemade pickles recipe appear in the old Huntsville Heritage cookbook starting in 1967. There are two; garlic pickles, Valerie's garlic pickles. Since neither are listed on line, I thought I would do the honors. You have to start with SOUR pickles which are seasonal.
- 1 gallon(s) Mt. Olive sour pickles
- 5 pound(s) sugar
- 8-10 clove(s) garlic scored
- 1/2 box(es) whole peppercorns
- 1/2 box(es) white mustard seed
- 1/2 box(es) whole all spice
- 1/3 box(es) whole cloves
- 3 stick(s) cinnamon cracked
- Gather ingredients, get big non-metallic crock bowl.
- Drain the pickles and slice.
- Layer all ingredients.
- Let stand overnight.
- Put in gallon jug; let set a week.
- Bottle into other clean glass containers, label.
- Dishwasher clean jars and boiled lids, rims seem to work fine.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MJ Holderer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note