Rest Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 cup(s) Plain wholemeal flour
- 2 cup(s) Plain white flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1.77 cup(s) Buttermilk
- Put both flours, bicorbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl and mix together well.
- Slowly add in buttermilk and mix with a wodden spoon until all liquid is absorbed and a sticky dough forms
- Flour a working surface, tip the dough onto it and roll and fold the dough to bring it together, withouth kneading it. Then make the dough into a ball by gently rotating it with your hands cupped. Flatten it gently with your hand
- Place the loaf on a baking tray (use parchment paper if needed) and dust with white flour. Use a sharp knife to carve into the loaf deeply, almost dividing it into 4 quarters (it will rejoin as it rises in oven)
- Set loaf aside for 30 minutes whilst you heat oven to 200 Celcius.
- Bake loaf for 30 minutes or until brown/golden. Set aside to cool down completely before cutting in.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Fexyfex and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Soda Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads