Simply Amazing. I added a sweet potato, crushed red pepper, and used TJs andouille sausage. I added the beans, raw sweet potato and all do the other ingredients to the crockpot. Cooked on high for 3 hours before adding the greens and cooking another hour. When this batch is gone, I'll Immediately make another.
Slow-Cooker White Bean Soup With Andouille and Collards
- 1 pound(s) dried white beans (such as cannellini or great Northern)
- 1/2 pound(s) andouille sausage links, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalk(s) celery, chopped
- 4 sprig(s) fresh thyme
- 8 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch(es) collard greens, stems discarded and leaves cut into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Olive oil and bread sticks, for serving
- 1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the beans, sausage, onion, celery, and thyme. Add the broth and stir to combine.
- 2. Cover and cook until the beans are tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
- 3. Twenty minutes before serving, discard the thyme stems, add the collard greens, cover, and cook until the greens are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the vinegar and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- 4. Drizzle with the olive oil and serve with the bread sticks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note