Slow Cooker Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken
Community Recipe from
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 mudium yellow onion cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 3-ince piece peeled fresh ginger sliced into rounds
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- In a large zip-top bag, combine cumin, cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; add chicken and toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Cook chicken, skin side down, until golden, about 4 minutes; flip and cook 2 minutes.
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow-cooker, place onion, garlic and ginger. Add chicken, skin side up, then top with tomatoes and their liquid, and raisins. Cover and cook on high until chicken is tender, 3 1/2 hours (or 6 hours on low).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by davediddy32 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note