Slow Cooker Pork and Green Chile Stew
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) boneless pork loin roast stew meat lean, all fat trimmed off
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) diced onion
- 2 can(s) whole green chiles (4.25 oz each), sliced into thick rounds
- 2 tablespoon(s) jalapeno chopped
- 1 can(s) 10 oz tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on high heat; when hot lightly spray the pan with oil and brown the pork over medium heat on all sides, about 3 - 4 minutes total. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of flour over pork and stir to cook 30 seconds, sprinkle remaining flour over pork and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add browned pork to the crock pot, along with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 houts (if using a Dutch oven, cook on low heat for 3-4 hours). When done, adjust season, salt and pepper to taste if needed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by seperkin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow Cooker Pork and Green Chile Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes