Slow-Cooker Latin Chicken with Black Beans and Sweet Potatoes
Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) chicken thighs
- 3 pound(s) bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika, or 1⁄2 tsp. chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) salsa
- 3 clove(s) (large) garlic, crushed with press
- 2 can(s) (15 to 19 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 pound(s) sweet potatoes, peeled cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, cut into strips (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup(s) loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Lime wedges
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add chicken thighs and cook until well browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate. Remove skillet from heat.
- In same skillet, combine smoked paprika, allspice, chicken broth, salsa, garlic, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin.
- In 6-quart slow cooker, combine beans and sweet potatoes. Place chicken on top of potato mixture in slow cooker; pour broth mixture over chicken. Cover slow cooker with lid and cook as manufacturer directs, on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- With tongs or slotted spoon, remove chicken pieces to large platter. Gently stir roasted red pepper strips into potato mixture. Spoon mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKP220 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow-Cooker Latin Chicken with Black Beans and Sweet Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes