Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Potpie
- 8 ounce(s) cremini mushrooms, stems trimmed and halved if large
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 sprig(s) fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 sheet puff pastry (half a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas
- 1 cup(s) frozen green beans
- 1/3 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the mushrooms, carrots, onion, flour, thyme, bay leaf, and ½ cup water. Place the chicken on top; season with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- 3. Thirty minutes before serving, heat oven to 425° F. Using a 4½-inch cutter or large glass, cut the pastry into 4 circles. Place on a baking sheet and bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4. Ten minutes before serving, add the peas, green beans, cream, and ½ teaspoon salt to the chicken mixture and stir to combine. Cover and cook on high or low until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes more. To serve, place the chicken mixture in bowls and top with the pastry rounds.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note