Slow-Cooker Coffee-Braised Brisket With Potatoes and Carrots (5 - 6 qt)
This well-priced cut of meat does best when cooked low and slow. Don’t try to make it on the high setting of a slow cooker or it may end up chewy and stringy. Recipe by Vanessa Seder, January 2011. From the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/coffee-braisedbrisketwithpotatoesandcarrots-00000000049743/index.html.
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered, stem end left intact
- 1 pound(s) new potatoes (about 12)
- 1 pound(s) medium carrots, cut into 2 1xE2x81x842-inch lengths
- 2 1/2 pound(s) beef brisket, trimmed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 6-ounce can(s) tomato paste
- 1 cup(s) brewed black coffee
- 3 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Country bread (optional)
- 1. In the bottom of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the onion, potatoes, and carrots. Season the beef with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and place on top of the vegetables.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the tomato paste, coffee, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar; pour over the beef and vegetables. Cover and cook on low until the beef and vegetables are tender, 8 to 9 hours.
- 3. Slice the beef across the grain and serve with the vegetables and sauce, sprinkled with the parsley. Serve with the bread, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note