Slow Cooker Chicken Tetrazzini
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoon(s) melted butter
- 1 package(s) dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 small onion sliced and separated into rings
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 can(s) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 package(s) cream cheese softened
- Place chicken in the slow cooker crock. Top with 2 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle with Italian dressing mix.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Mix in the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and cream cheese. Pour mixture over the cooked chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and continue to cook on Low until chicken in fork tender and the sauce has thickened, about 1 additional hour.
- From reviewer:
- Very very good! Instead of cooking on high, I added a can of chicken broth and let it cook on low for several hours while I was at work. I also added some carrots for the last 1.5 hours of cooking time. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly. Next time I'll add peas too. Served over wide noodles. Everyone loved it!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sdwoodfin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note