Slow-Cooker Asian Baby-Back Ribs With Udon Salad
The noodles and vegetables can be tossed together up to 12 hours in advance; refrigerate, covered. Add the cooking liquid from the ribs just before serving. Recipe by Charlyne Mattox, March 2012; from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/baby-back-ribs-recipe-00100000075573.
- 1/3 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon(s) toasted sesame oil
- 1 1-inch piece(s) fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 4 pound(s) baby-back ribs (2 to 3 racks), cut into 8 pieces
- 1 package(s) (8.8 ounces) udon noodles
- 1 bunch(es) radishes (about 8), halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, cornstarch, oil, ginger, and cayenne. Add the ribs and turn to coat.
- 2. Cover and cook until the ribs are tender, on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- 3. Twenty minutes before serving, heat broiler. Place the ribs, meaty-side up, on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Strain the cooking liquid from the slow cooker into a medium bowl. Brush the meaty side of the ribs with half of the cooking liquid and broil, basting twice with the pan juices, until shiny and glazed, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Add the noodles to the bowl of remaining cooking liquid from the slow cooker and toss with the radishes, cilantro, and scallions. Serve the ribs with the udon salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note