Slow cooker apple bread pudding
Community Recipe from
- 6 cup(s) crusty bread -french, etc (day old) cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 med. size tart apples peeled,cored,shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) goden raisins
- 1/2 cup(s) semi-sweet choco chips
- 1 cup(s) fat free egg product
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 14 ounce(s) sweetened condensed milk,low fat
- 2 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice divided
- 1 cup(s) fat free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) apple juice
- step 1
- Coat the insert of a large (6-quart) slow cooker with a light application of butter or margarine. Add the bread pieces to the slow cooker. Distribute the shredded apple on top of the bread layer. Then sprinkle the raisins and chocolate chips over the apple.
- step 2
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg product with the water, condensed milk and 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice; whisk to combine. Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the slow cooker, pressing down with a spoon or a spatula to make sure the liquid ingredients completely moisten the bread.
- step 3
- Cover the insert and cook on the low setting 3 to 4 hours, or until a knife inserted in the center of the bread pudding comes out clean. Begin checking the pudding after 3 hours, and continue to cook for increments of 10 to 15 minutes until the pudding is done.
- step 4
- While the bread pudding is cooking, make the yogurt sauce in a small bowl by whisking together the yogurt, sugar, apple juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Refrigerate until needed.
- step 5
- To serve, spoon the bread pudding onto plates and drizzle with the yogurt sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KarynP and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note