Community Recipe from
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 celery chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 3 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 can(s) 14 oz - petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 6 drop(s) Tabasco
- 1 pound(s) peeled, deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped parsley
- 4 cup(s) cooked rice
- In large frying pan, heat the butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celergy, bell pepper, and garlic and saute until they are soft and tender about 8 min.
- Stir in the flour until it is heated through, about 1 min. Gradually pour in the broth in increments, stirring after each addition, until the mixture has thickened. Add the tomatoes, thyme, cayenne, salt, paprika, oregano, and hot sauce. Reduce the heat to medium, and cover and simmer the mixture for about 10 min, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the shrimp and parslety and cook the etouffee until the shrimp is no longer pink, 3-5 min. Serve over hot rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Alyson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note