Seafood (salmon, trout, shrimp or crab) Cucumber Stacks with Lemon Cream and Chives
These refreshing hors d'oeuvres are equally delicious made with salmon, trout, shrimp or crab, so pick a seafood that's best for your budget. For vegetarians, a slice of baked tofu is a perfect substitute for the seafood. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2631.
Yield: 2 servings ( Serving Size: dozen )
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) light sour cream
- 1 bunch(es) chives, finely chopped, divided
- Zest and 1 tablespoon juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 4-ounce package(s) smoked salmon
- 4 ounce(s) smoked trout
- 8 ounce(s) crab meat
- 12 medium peeled, deveined and halved cooked shrimp
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into 24 slices
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, half of the chives, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. If using salmon or trout, cut into 24 bite-sized pieces. Arrange a piece of seafood on each cucumber slice then top with a dollop of sour cream mixture and garnish with remaining chives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note