Sea Bass with Soy Glaze and Cucumber Salsa
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) mirin
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) dry white wine
- 6 3oz skinless sea bass filets
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- Make the cucumber salsa
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cucumber, soy sauce, vinegar, scallions, and cilantro. (You can cover and refrigerate the cucumber salsa for up to 24 hours.)
- Make the sauce
- 2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, stir together the soy sauce, mirin, sugar, and wine. Heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Pour the sauce into a small bowl.
- Cook the fish
- 3. If desired, dredge the fish in the flour. Heat a skillet on medium-high until hot. Add the olive oil and heat until hot but not smoking. Cook the fish for 2 1/2 minutes on each side, until browned. Reduce the heat to medium, pour in the sauce mixture, cover, and cook, without peeking, just until the fish is opaque throughout, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- 4. Carefully transfer the fillets to a platter or individual plates and spoon the sauce from the skillet over the top. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve immediately, spooning the cucumber salsa on the fillets or passing it on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cramsham and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sea Bass with Soy Glaze and Cucumber Salsa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes