Great chicken recipe. Hardy meal, rolls really add to it.
Scalloped Chicken and Mushroom Bake
- 1 package(s) Sister Schubert's Pre-Baked dinner yeast rolls Divided
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter Divided
- 4 slice(s) Maple or Brown Sugar Bacon Cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 whole(s) Onion Small finely minced
- 8 ounce(s) Mushrooms Quartered
- 3 cup(s) Poached or Roasted Chicken Diced
- 3 cup(s) White Sauce or Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Nutmeg freshly grated
- 1/4 cup(s) gruyere cheese or mild cheddar cheese
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish, tilt pan back and forth to coat bottom of pan.
- Slice eight rolls in half horizontally and place in prepared pan cut side up.
- Tear remaining two rolls into large pieces, transfer to a food processor and bounce until crumbs form. Remove from processor and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add bacon and cook until it is crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat. Return pan to heat, add onions and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms have released all moisture and are tender. Add chicken, bacon, white sauce, nutmeg, salt and pepper to mushroom mixture and mix together. Spread mixture over rolls.
- In a bowl combine breadcrumbs and Gruyere cheese and scatter over chicken mixture. Cut remaining butter into small pieces and dot breadcrumbs with butter.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Salukitim and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note