Sauted Salmon with Blueberry Balsamic Glaze
- 1/4 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup(s) fresh blueberries
- 1 pound(s) fresh skinless salmon, cut into 4 4-oz. pieces
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar in the raw
- Glaze: Pour the pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, and raw cane sugar into a large saut pan and heat on high. Cook the mixture for 4-6 minutes, stirring constantly. Once the sauce starts to thicken, add the blueberries, salt and pepper. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes. After the sauce is reduced it will have the consistency of maple syrup. Set aside.
- Fish: Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a separate large saut pan over medium heat. Place the salmon in the hot oil, skinned side up and cook for 4 minutes. Flip the fish and cook for an additional 4 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145F. Place salmon on a serving dish and top with glaze. Garnish with lemon zest.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DaveLufkin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note