Sausage Rice Casserole
- 1 1/2 cup(s) rice
- chicken broth
- 3 piece(s) sausages
- olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 zucchini cut into small sticks
- 1 yellow squash cut into small sticks
- 1 green or red bell pepper cut into small sticks
- 1 carton(s) sliced mushrooms
- 1-2 teaspoon(s) basil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Prepare the rice, using the chicken broth as the liquid.
- 2. Broil the sausages till done, at least 145 degrees (5 min one side, flip, then 3 min). Slice bite-sized pieces when finished.
- 3. Saute the onion in oil. Add the zucchini, squash, mushrooms and pepper, for about 5 min, or until slightly less crisp.
- 4. Stir in the rice, spices, and Parmesan, and mix well. Add in the sausage, and mix.
- 5. Pour mixture into an ungreased 9x9 casserole dish.
- 6. At this point, the casserole can be cooled, covered, and refrigerated for about a day or two.
- 7. Cover with foil and bake for 20 min (30-40 min if from the fridge) at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jeffiners and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note