Sausage Crescent Braid
Dress up Italian sausage with spinach and cheese in a pretty crescent package. To thaw frozen spinach, cut small slit in center of pouch; microwave on High 2 to 3 minutes or until thawed. Remove spinach from pouch; squeeze dry with paper towels. Recipe from Joni Etherington: Leawood, Kansas via Pillsbury.
- 1/2 pound(s) bulk Italian turkey sausage
- 1 9-ounce box(es) Green Giant frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 cup(s) fat-free cottage cheese, drained
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic in water (from 4.5-oz jar)
- 1 8-ounce can(s) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 3 slice(s) (1 oz each) provolone cheese
- 3 slice(s) (1 oz each) mozzarella cheese
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. In 8-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In large bowl, mix spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic and cooked sausage.
- 3. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough into 1 large rectangle on ungreased cookie sheet. Press into 13x8-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations and seams to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough on ungreased cookie sheet. Press into 13x8-inch rectangle.
- 4. Spoon sausage mixture in 4-inch-wide strip lengthwise down center of rectangle. Top with slices of both cheeses.
- 5. With scissors or sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough rectangle to within 1/2 inch of sausage mixture. Fold strips of dough up over sausage mixture to meet in center; pinch to seal.
- 6. Bake 18 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; cut into crosswise slices. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note