My Go-To pulled pork recipe. From SOUTHERN LIVING SLOW COOKER COOKBOOK. Serve pork on sandwich buns, or dressing for a baked potato. This makes lots of extra sauce, serve it as a dipping sauce for french fries.
Saucy chipotle Barbecue Pork
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (4 to 5 pound) boneless pork butt roast, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle spicy original barbecue sauce (KC Masterpiece)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Baja chipotle marinade (Lawry's)
- Garnish: sliced green onions
- Rub first 3 ingredients evenly over pork. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add pork; cook 10 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Place onion and pork in a 5 quart slow cooker. Add barbecue sauce and marinade.
- Cover and cook on high 7 hours or until pork is tender and shreds easily.
- Remove pork to a large bowl, reserving sauce; shred pork. Stir shredded pork into sauce. Serve as is, over a cheese-topped baked potato, in a sandwich, or over a green salad. Garnish, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AletaB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note