Sam's Moist Chocolate Cake
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) cocoa
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) boiling water
- 1. Preheat Oven to 300° F. (This is not a typo! This is a slow bake chocolate cake recipe.)
- 2. Use Crisco shortening to lightly grease and flour the 9 x 13 in. baking dish.
- (It's a one layer chocolate cake!)
- 3. Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl except the eggs.
- 4. Mix at medium or medium high speed until all ingredients are blended and smooth. Add eggs and combine.
- 5. Pour into greased and floured baking dish.
- 6. Bake for 1 hr. (Cupcakes 20 min.)
- 7. Test by sticking in the middle with a knife. If it comes out clean... it's done!
- 8. Allow to cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Louwynd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note