Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 pound(s) lean hamburger
- 1 1/2 cup(s) corn flakes crushed
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 4 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 2 cup(s) fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) plain flour
- 1/3 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 cup(s) beef broth
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- In large mixing bowl, combine meat, crushed corn flakes, brown sugar and worcestershire sauce. Shape meat mixture into 6 equal patties. Place patties in frying pan and cook over medium heat until well done, turning once. Then remove patties from pan and set aside on plate.
- In frying pan heat vegetable oil on medium high heat until pinch of flour sizzles, then add the rest of flour, salt and pepper. Stir constantly until flour is lightly browned. Immediately add broth, milk and mushrooms. Stir constantly until mixture thickens and gently boils.
- Reduce heat on pan to low and arrange beef patties in mushroom gravy, covering patties with the gravy. Cover pan and simmer patties in gravy for 30 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed cabbage(optional).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Cynruthie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note