This is a delicious vanilla flavored dessert, like creamy vanilla jello. It's very rich but not overpowering, and being that it is white and vanilla you can really garnish it with whatever toppings you like. It's a truly delicious dessert that will disappear in a hurry. I usually top it with blueberry and cherry pie filling, but you can use whatever you like.
Yield: 10 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) Sugar
- 2 1/4 cup(s) Water
- 2 envelope(s) Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Dairy Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Heavy Cream Whipped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Vanilla
- 2 can(s) Pie Filling (or favorite topping)
- 1. Dissolve sugar and gelatin in water over low heat until completely dissolved.
- 2. Remove from heat and make sure mixture is only lukewarm to touch
- 3. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla until smooth
- 4. Chill the mix until slightly thickened (like the consistency of unbeaten egg whites)
- 5. Whip up the heavy cream until nice and thick and then fold this into the mix with wire whisk. (Mix Well!)
- 6. Pour mixture into greased 6 cup ring mold and chill until set
- The most important thing is to mix everything very well or else the very top of the dessert will be the clear gelatin and the bottom half will be all white. When it comes out of the mold the entire dessert should be white like milk.
- Heat the ring mold VERY briefly in warm water or until you can remove the dessert from the mold easily. Top with your favorite topping.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mscala and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note