Roasted tomato sauce
Community Recipe from
- 4 pound(s) tomatoes
- 1 pound(s) sweet onions
- 5 clove(s) garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh basil chopped
- Chop tomatoes, onions, and garlic. Put all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well.
- Spread evenly over a large baking sheet with edges(or a pyrex baking pan).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 2-2 1/2 hours, stirring after 1 hour, then every 1/2 hour or so. Most of the liquid will cook away and tomatoes will carmelize. Serve with pasta, rice, polenta, in soups, or quesadillas.
- Makes 2-2 1/2 cups.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cabought and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note