Roasted Brussel Sprout, Bacon, Sweet Potato and Apple Hash
Community Recipe from
- 3 slice(s) bacon
- 1 pound(s) Brussel sprouts ends cut off and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato diced
- 1 apple diced
- sea salt and fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large cast iron oven proof skillet, cook bacon slices over medium-high heat. Once bacon is cooked set aside, reserving bacon grease.
- In skillet still over medium-high heat (with bacon grease) cook sweet potato for 5 minutes. Then transfer skillet to preheated oven and roast for about 10 minutes. Then add prepared brussel sprouts and apple to skillet and place back in oven and roast for an additional 20 – 25 minutes until brussel sprouts are slightly golden. Make sure not to overcook. In the last minute, dice bacon and stir into hash. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately on it’s own or along the side of a main dish
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dpygrl01 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Brussel Sprout, Bacon, Sweet Potato and Apple Hash Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables